RobbDogg's Rips

Serving the online community to bring awareness to political and social issues affecting Liberals and Progressives. Podcasts are posted every Monday morning and original commentaries are posted throughout the week.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Patriotic Documentary, or Morbid Curiosity?

I really like the Discovery Channel. It's one of the main reasons I have cable television. Monday nights, I'll be camped out in front of the television watching Monster House, Monster Garage, and American Chopper. But on September 11th, they're going to televise a program that I think may strike a raw nerve with many people.

The Discovery Channel will air a re-creation of the terrorist hijacking of Flight 93, which crashed in Pennsylvania after passengers overcame the terrorists. The documentary will include 45 minutes of re-enacted events.

Although it's been four years since the attacks, I think it might be too soon to show a documentary on this event. For some viewers, watching the documentary may cause them to relive the horror of that Tuesday morning. I personally feel there is no need to TiVo this program. I'll never forget what happened, but I don't need to relive it.

For me, looking at a documentary would be like me asking to see footage of the fatal Roger Williamson Formula One accident that forever changed the role of track marshals in auto racing on July 29th, 1973.

I'll write more on Roger's accident in ten days, but you get the idea. I don't need to go down that flight path so soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home